How to Prepare for Your Appointment
- Please make sure to be well rested.
- You must bring your valid driver's license or state issued ID. I cannot perform any procedure on you without it.
- Please come hydrated and have eaten before you arrive.
- Please do not come more than 10 minutes early, or more than 15 minutse late ( LATENESS POLICY ). I pack my work days tightly and need the time in between appointments to recharge and/or eat. If I can get you in earlier than your exact appointment time, I will contact you!
- Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours of your appointment time and try to avoid too much caffine the day of - this can thin your blood and cause excessive bleeding.
- Please avoid any type of blood thinning medication for at leasst 72 hours before your procedure UNLESS IT IS UNSAFE TO DO SO FOR YOUR HEALTH. Please ask your doctor before stopping these types of medications and if you are advised against doing so, you are not a good candidate for having any of these procedures done. Medications include but are nt limited to ibuprofen, aspirin, niacin, fish oil supplements and vitamin e. (Here is a link to a list of blood thinners I found online.) Excessive bleeding can cause more "fallout" or small areas where there is no pigment left in the skin after it's healed. (Remember! Any areas of fallout can be touched up!)
- Please do not bring more than one friend/family member with you to your appointment! Having one extra person in the room for support is absolutely fine with me – however my room is small and there is no room for any more than that. Also more than one extra person in the room tends to be quite distracting and stressful for me.
- Do NOT come if you are sick! If you come to your appointment and are obviously sick I will not be able to tattoo you. I will simply add you to my reschedule list and we can reschedule for a time that you are feeling better. Not only can it effect the healing process, getting tattooed when you don’t feel good can cause excess sensitivity as well. Also, I do not want to catch whatever sickness you have. During your appointment our faces will be close to one another and I don't have time to get sick.
- If you get cold easily, bring a sweater or a small blanket! We keep the studio a little chilly, so if you get cold easily I'd suggest wearing an extra layer or bringing a small blanket. :)
- Do NOT bring children to your appointment. ***TO ANY TYPE OF APPOINTMENT, THIS INCLUDES CONSULTATIONS.*** Children are not allowed inside the studio, and are also very distracting. If you lose your childcare for the time of your appointment, you will have to cancel your appointment.
- Please avoid intense sun exposure and tanning bed use for at least two weeks before your procedure and at least 6 weeks afterwards. Tattooing sunburned or otherwise traumatized skin can result in excess sensitivity, difficulties during the healing process, fallout of pigment (especially if the skin is sunburned) and it can even cause the pigment to change colors. Don't forget - excessive sun/tanning bed exposure will result in premature fading.
- I also ask that you avoid using any type of sunless tanner or bronzers before the procedure because a lot of them contain water repellants. I have had a couple instances where a client has used sunless tanner on their face the day of or a few days before the procedure and it will cause the pigment to ball up and roll off the skin making it almost impossible to get the pigment into the skin.
- Full (remaining) amount due at time of service.
- Cash is preferred. I do also accept card payments, but please be aware that you will be charged a processing fee (The Gloss Genius processing fee is 3.5%). I do not accept checks.
***IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE THIS APPOINTMENT YOU MUST DO IT YOURSELF BY SELECTING THE 'CHANGE/CANCEL APPOINTMENT' BUTTON IN YOUR APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION EMAIL.***
Select to cancel the appointment (even if you want to reschedule) and then you will need to send another message (text or via the reschedule form) to let me know that you'd like to be added to the reschedule list. If you do not send a message along with your cancellation I am to assume that you do not wish to reschedule. If you do not cancel your appointment yourself it will count as a no call/no show and those policies will apply. Here's a link to the FAQ that describes the cancellation process - https://www.addisonedge.com/cancellations--reschedules.html
Please also make sure to read through all other appointment policies, here is the direct link to that - http://www.addisonedge.com/policies.html
FOR EYEBROW CLIENTS
- Please do not wear heavy eyeshadow or foundation to your appointment.
- If you would like for me to see how you draw your eyebrows on you can have you may wear them filled in to your appointment.
- If you have regular maintenance done to your brows (waxing, threading, tinting etc.) I ask that you give at least a week before the cosmetic procedure to prevent sensitivity that could lead to difficulties during the healing process.
FOR EYELINER CLIENTS
- Please do not wear ANY eye makeup to your appointment. (Especially mascara!)
- I absolutely 100% cannot tattoo eyeliner on someone who has eyelash extensions. Not only will the tattooing completely ruin the extensions, you will be at a very high risk for infection and it is impossible for me to wipe off excess pigment and fully clean the area since I use cotton rounds and q-tips during the procedure. If you have an eyeliner appointment and currently have lash extensions on they need to be removed at least 48 hours before your appointment time.
- It is common to experience sensitivity to light immediately after this procedure so please be sure to bring a pair of sunglasses to wear home – it’s actually best to bring someone with you so you don’t have to worry about driving afterwards!
FOR PLASMA SKIN TIGHTENING CLIENTS
- You may take an antihistamine or arnica supplement before, immediately after and/or during the healing process to prevent excessive swelling and redness. (As always, talk to your doctor before taking a supplement that you've never taken before!) Arnica has proven to be very helpful to help with swelling during the healing process, and can also help your body heal even faster than it normally does! I've had multiple clients use this and have wonderful results! :) You'll want to begin taking this supplement a couple days before your procedure, and then take it for as long as you are actively (scabs/swelling) healing. Here are some places you can purchase this locally, or online!
The Viatmin Shoppe (Evansville, IN. - You can also order online!)
You absolutely cannot completely prevent all swelling as this is the body’s first reaction to trauma and is the beginning of the healing process however these supplements will definitely reduce the amount of this reaction.
- HAVE ICE ON HAND. Ice will be your best friend during the first 2 to 4 days of the healing process so be sure to have ice on hand to make sterile ice packs with. (Remember, when icing always take ten minutes on/ten minutes off for no more than an hour at a time!)
- Be sure to avoid salty foods as these may cause excessive swelling.
- Discontinue use of any AHA/BHA skincare products for 4 weeks prior to procedure.
- Remove contacts before appointment and discontinue use for 7-10 days afterwards. (For treatments in the eye area.)
- REMOVE EYELASH EXTENSIONS (For treatments in the eye area.) This is mandatory.
- If you experience cold sores/fever blisters you will HAVE TO take a preventative for at least 3 days before a treatment in the lip area and 4 days after. Having this procedure done in the lip area will more than likely trigger an outbreak otherwise.
LACQUER BROW LAMINATION CLIENTS
- Do not tint, lighten or bleach your brows before your appointment.
- If you have tinted your eyebrows, please make sure to schedule your lamination appointment within the proper amount of time.
- If you have tinted your eyebrows with HENNA within 10-16 weeks of your appointment, you will have to reschedule. Henna products are not compatible with Brow Lamination.
- If you use brow growth serums, please seek medical (dermatologist) advice before scheduling your lamination appointment. There are many serums that contain different ingredients/formulas and I cannot offer specific conclusive advice on pairing them with lamination.
- Do not use self tanners 24 hours before (or after) your appointment.
- Do not use AHA's, BHA's or exfoliate the brow area at least 72 hours before (or after) your appointment.